When I was little, I loved to sing. I loved how music had the power to make a really dreary day turn into something magical. How a movie scene can become more intense when paired with a certain musical score. How it evoked all sorts of emotions with a single beat.
Music. It’s a universal language. It can make you cry as easily as it can make you dance and it can make you relive a story that once seemed miles away in your mind.
Today’s blog post… Instead of a rant or a poem or a story, I am sharing a list of some of my favorite songs at the moment. These songs can be anything at any moment.
They can be…
Songs to fall asleep to.
Songs to go on long road trips to.
Songs to listen to with your favorite person.
Songs to play as you stare up at the sky – or your bedroom ceiling.
At the present moment, these songs represent the state of mind I am in right now.
It’ll evolve and expand just as I do, and I think it’s the perfect representation of the journey I’ll be taking on this platform with you.
- Mura Masa – What if I Go?
- BØRNS – Seeing Stars (Acoustic)
- Wet – Don’t Wanna Be Your Girl (Branchez Remix)
- Jaymes Young – We Won’t
- Jaymes Young – Habits of My Heart
- Billie Eilish – Ocean Eyes (Astronomyy Remix)
- the 1975 – Somebody Else
- Mura Masa – I’ll be Alright (Tonight)
- Mura Masa – Firefly (feat. Nao)
- Cosmo’s Midnight – Walk With Me (feat. KUČKA)
- Neiked ft. Dyo – Sexual (Oliver Nelson Remix)
- Mura Masa – Love for That feat. Shura
- Maggie Rogers – Alaska
- Jessie Reyez – Figures
- Noah Cyrus – Make Me (Acoustic)
- Nao – Girlfriend
- Sabrina Claudio – Confidently Lost
- Daniel Caesar – Get You ft. Kali Uchis
- Daniel Caesar – Violet
- Jorja Smith – Where Did I Go?